Tuesday, July 17, 2007

while the xbox is away...




Since my XBox 360 is on furlough in Texas (having bricked with the infamous red rings of death, along with tens of thousands of others), I've turned to the PSP, which I've had for a while but honestly haven't played much. I'm enjoying Rockstar's PSP title The Warriors (based on the movie), along with MLB07 The Show, Killzone: Liberation, and Daxter. Before my poor Xbox 360 bricked, I was enjoying The Darkness (great voice acting), Overlord, DiRT, and Forza 2.

On the PC, I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online, the Half-Life 2 mod Insurgency and a little bit of CIty of Villains. Of course I didn't go to E3, but I've seen some amazing trailers come out of it. Check out the gameplay videos for Call of Duty 4, Gran Tourismo 5, and Resident Evil 5. Awesome! Add to those games Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto 4, and HL2:Episode 2 and it's going to be a busy Fall! (now kids--many of these are M rated games, so don't take that as an endorsement).

Musically, I've been listening to a lot of progressive rock in preparation for Spectrum's fall concerts. I've really gotten into Dream Theatre. Amazing musicians. One of my projects has been to write a concerto for tuba and strings, and the first movement is sort of based on heavy metal guitar riffs. Sort of.

Check out the audio files page for some MP3s of the tuba concerto!






No comments: