Thursday, July 19, 2007

Songs from "My Butterfly"

This summer I've been spending a lot of time working on three one-act musicals (and starting a fourth) that are going to be produced at CAST next summer. I've been working on these shows off and on for a few years, but with a production actually in the works, I need to get all the music transcribed. First up is "My Butterfly" which is a rather absurd little show about a number of strange people who find themselves lost in the rainforest. One of the characters is The Balladeer, an actor who thought he was going to be in Stephen Sondheim's ASSASSINS...anyway, he sort of adds musical commentary as the action unfolds. Unfortunately, he might not be up to the task. Here are two songs (in PDF form): Your Butterfly and the Balladeer's big number, Freeway Girl.

1 comment:

ryanlewis said...

I like "Freeway Girl." I hope I get to see this show.